top of page
Hapkido is a Korean martial art of self defense practiced the world over characterized by its highly effective hand strikes, joint locks, and dynamic kicking techniques. Hapkido uses hands, feet, elbows, and knees for blocking, striking, evading, avoiding, deflecting, redirecting, joint locks, leg sweeps, tripping, throws, chokes, and deadly pressure point techniques to overcome and subdue an attacker. It is unique among the Korean martial arts because of its emphasis on deflecting, redirecting, and counter striking an opponents attacks by evading and throwing instead of forceful blocking as in other hard style martial arts like Taekwondo or Soo Bahk Do. Like Taekwondo it specializes in head height kicks, jumping kicks, spinning kicks, etc., and employs a unique set of lower kicks making Hapkido a very effective advanced self defense system.
More than just a physical fighting skill, it is a way of life, thought, and behavior. For this reason the doctrine of Taekwondo & Hapkido is mandatory for all students as follows:
Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self Control, and Indomitable Spirit.
Hapkido training instills Self Discipline, teaches Self Defense, improves Physical Fitness, supports Home, Academic, and Social Education, and develops lifelong Self Improvement Skills.
1. Two Week Introductory with FREE Uniform.
2. Regular evening classes for men, women, black belts and select children.
In our classes students:
1. Develop self discipline & mental focus by training mind and body in the tenets and techniques of Taekwondo & Hapkido.
2. Learn practical self defense techniques; learn to recognize and avoid unhealthy situations, and learn to use smart choices in defending oneself in resolving such issues.
3. Improve physical fitness and self confidence by increasing physical strength, balance, coordination, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance.
4. Learn to honor & respect Parents, Teachers, and Elders by understanding dynamics of Home, Academic, and Social Education.
5. Learn to be successful at any and every task in life through Goal Setting Self Improvement Skills.
bottom of page